Questions? Contact Kim Benner, SMAC Reflections Chairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only new and original works inspired by the theme: What Is Your Story? will be accepted. Enter in 1 or more of the following arts categories.
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Kansas PTA Reflections Awards are announced in March
National PTA Reflections Awards are announced in May
Best practices for hosting your program
- Register your 2016-17 program (Jul. 1 through Jan. 1, 2017).
- Contact your State PTA for a Local Leader's Guide, state-specific dates, forms and additional information.
- Take the Reflections Leader Training (on demand) and attend the Reflections 101 Webinar (Aug. 9, 8:00 PM EDT).
- Use #ArtsEdWeek Tools to kick-off your program in a big way this National Arts in Education Week (Sept. 11-17).
- Customize your PTA Leader Checklist to organize tasks and schedule deadlines.
- Build your PTA Arts Committee with this Volunteer Sign-Up Sheet.
- Recruit community arts professionals to serve as judges.
- Introduce Reflections to school and community partners using this Reflections flier.
- Announce your Call for Entries using this customizable themed flier (.pdf, fillable .pdf) and promo video for students.
- Distribute the Student Entry Form, rules and instructions provided by your State PTA. For reference, see National PTA Official Rules.
- Consider these Tips for Program Promotion.
- Create your own promotions:
- Collect submissions and organize by Arts Category and Grade Division. Qualify submissions according to program rules and address student ineligibility, as needed.
- Prepare submissions for Judges' review and provide Judging Guidelines and a Score Card to each judge. Judges will review artwork and judging information provided on the student's entry form.
- Collect judges scores and rank entries. Assign awards by grade division and arts category. Award levels may include: Award of Excellence; Award of Merit; Honorable Mention; Participant.
- Use the Reflections celebration guide to help plan your event.
- Promote your event and celebrate students in local media using this media advisory and press release.
- Present the Certificate of Recognition and other awards available at the PTA Store.
- Learn about state and national awards for students and PTAs.
SMAC is proud to announce the results of the Reflection Art Program.
The world is a better place because of each one of you!
National PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Annually, thousands of students will reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.