PTA's will need to work closely with your building Principal's in making copies. Each Principal may have specific guidelines for PTA use. Information provided below has been outlined and verified by District Administration.
Your Principals and Administrators can provide additional information about the SMSD New Printing Paradigm.
SCHOOL USE GUIDELINES:
- PTAs need to work closely
with building administrators when submitting jobs to the Print Shop. It
should be pretty easy to accomplish by just giving them a heads up and
then submitting the jobs on the Trac system.
- For those oversize items,
working with the building admins is important, too. The more communication
they have there, the easier the process will be for both sides.
- The PTA 'copy cards' are to be
kept in the school office.
- Any “click” (copy) a building
makes, whether at the building or at the Print Shop, goes towards the
buildings print allocations. However, this is not a BAD thing, as PTA pays
for any prints made.
- The number of “clicks” (copies) anyone makes is tracked. This includes PTA users.
- Billing cycles for the PTAs has been left to the buildings to decide. While we’d recommend a regular, 30-day cycle, the buildings have the option of choosing whatever works best for them.
- At this time, the district is not expressing a preference as to whether or not PTAs (and other organizations) use the Print Shop over the building copiers. That’s being reviewed as a part of this “break in” process for the new paradigm. At some point in the future, the district may express a preference as we see how things work and different resources are used.
- It’s always your PTA's option to check out those other vendors and see if they can get better pricing.
- PTA receives discounts at Staples and Office Depot with your PTA membership card.