Kansas PTA Forms
Click Here for a printable version.
- Prior to June 30 - Conduct Annual Audit
- KS PTA Dues & Membership Roster (names & email addresses) submitted to KS PTA.
- Monthly Unit bank reconciliation
- Monthly financial reports presented at each PTA meeting
- August 1 - Proof of Liability Insurance submitted to SMSD
- Prior to Fall General Meeting -Review / create new year budget for adoption
- 1st General PTA Meeting of the new school year - Budget Adoption
- Secure & Pay PTA Liability Insurance
- Annual Audit submitted to KS PTA office
- Submit Standing Rules to KS PTA (and additional submissions when any changes are made)
- Proof of Liability Insurance submitted to SMSD
- Submit first dues & membership roster to KS PTA (by end of Month)
- SMAC/Clothing Exchange Dues Submitted
- 990-EZ or 990-N to IRS and copy to KS PTA
- Submit final membership dues & roster to KS PTA (members after March 31 go towards next year membership)
Detailed Year Timeline
Unit in Good Standing
This is very important to adhere to the PTA guidelines in order for your children and Units to participate in any state or national programs (Citizenship contest, Reflections contest, School of Excellence, etc), and to maintain your PTA levels.
- Ensure KS PTA receives a copy of your most recent Standing Rules each year no later than October 1.
- Additionally, a new copy should be forwarded each time you make a change
- Ensure your treasurer conducts the yearly audit by June 30 of each year and promptly forwards to KS PTA. Must be received no later than August 30. Ensure your treasurer submits membership dues and membership roster (with email addresses) to KS PTA MONTHLY, beginning with September 1.
- Ensure your 990 is submitted to the IRS by November 15 and is promptly forwarded to KS PTA.
- Ensure SMAC Dues is submitted - Due no later than September 15
- Renew liability insurance and submit a copy of certificate, naming SMSD as additional insured, to email@example.com. Due no later than August 1st.