- The primary source of funds should be membership dues.
- One or two well-planned, annual fund-raising projects will usually raise whatever funds are necessary to finance the year’s activities.
- If the fund-raising event is to reflect the high principles of the association, it will have educational, social or recreational value.
- Fundraising should be secondary; funds are raised to support goals. PTAs should not be raising a bunch of money and then decide what to do with it.
- Children should never be exploited or used as fund-raisers and should not be expected to go door-to-door.
- Be aware of Smart Snacks Fundraising and Guidelines
- Get your principal's input and approval
- Thank your membership for their support
Exempt Fundraisers and FAQs
Kansas State Department of Education has developed a list of frequently asked questions about Smart Snacks and a policy on exempt fundraisers.
Please click the links below for more information.